Sunday 29 June 2014

First week of the World Cup 2014 (In São Paulo)

I was in Brazil for the first week of the World Cup, and I said that I would write a blog post every single day that I was there. However, I got so caught up with all the on-goings there that I never got round to doing so.

In the end, I didn't end up watching a game at the stadium because my trip was kinda last minute and football wasn't the main purpose of my trip. By the time I even considered watching a game at the stadium all the tickets were sold out and impossible to get. Boo :(

So I went to Vila Magdalena (which is a really cool neighbourhood with lots of bars, restaurants and beautiful, young people) to watch the opening match with my fiancé, Thiago.

They say that a picture is worth a thousand words, so I´ll let the pictures (and the video) speak for themselves.

The Havaianas store on Oscar Freire, selling flip flops according to the teams that qualitifed :)

A couple walking their dogs. Very festive indeed :)

Thiago and I at Vila Madgalena, moments before the World Cup 2014 opening ceremony began

The opening match started at 4pm and people were already hitting the bars decked out in their green and yellow from noon.

 A random Brazil fan

In a bar at Vila Magdalena



Here is a video which shows the reaction of the Brazilians when their team scored a goal


Street party at Vila Magdalena after Brazil won the opening match against Croatia (3-1)

Cool graffiti at Vila Magdalena

No comments:

Post a Comment