Monday 3 February 2014

Happy New Year everyone!

I checked my blog today and realized that the last time I blogged was on 26th November 2013, just a couple of days after the Liquido Miss Bikini 2013 competition, which was on 23rd November.

Which means that I haven't blogged for 2 months!
Ugh - lazy me.

A lot of significant things have happened over the last couple of months, ever since June 2013.
In June 2013, I decided to relocate from Sao Paulo, Brazil back to Kuala Lumpur Malaysia.

From then till now, the following happened:
- Liquido in Malaysia has been growing steadily month by month
- I decided to quit my full time job and say goodbye to the corporate world to free up my time to grow my little business
- Thiago and I decided to get married in Brazil by October 2014 and he will relocate to Malaysia to be with me by November 2014.

So yeah - 2014 will be a very significant year for me on so many levels.

I remember a chat that I had with one of my Liquido Miss Bikini 2013 finalist, Iva Seow.

Iva is delightful and now that the competition is over, I suppose I can say that she was one of my favourites. She is beautiful, confident, a pleasure to be around with and basically just an awesome person. We were talking about the competition and she said that one of the reasons why she decided to join the Liquido Miss Bikini 2013 competition was because she read my blog and was inspired by me.

Like, wow.

I always knew that I have a decent grasp of the English language and can tell a story quite well, but to have someone that I genuinely like tell me that my blog has inspired them was pretty darn cool.

I guess it just goes to show that every little bit counts.

And I suppose what this has thought me is that I need to be true to myself - and not blog about superficial things that I think other people will like (such as restaurant reviews for example) because this is not what this blog is about and I will just be alienating my regular readers.

So, I will continue my random ramblings here, about my entrepreneurial journey; which includes empowering women - be it by feeling confident wearing a bikini that flatters their body OR feeling great in the gym by wearing awesome Liquido active wear which are funky yet comfortable.

I'll probably be ranting a lot about my wedding planning. About how a non-traditional Malay girl such as myself is trying to plan a non-traditional wedding here in Malaysia while trying to coordinate the wedding in Brazil, where my fiancee, Thiago is from.

Yeah... 2014 is gonna be one hella of a year.
Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment