Monday 29 April 2013

Retail vs Online Shop



This week, I learnt something interesting.

A good personal friend purchased a bikini from me, for his wife through the website. I delivered it, and they received the package, happy and excited.

The wife loved the bikini. She tried it on. The bikini top fitted perfectly, however the bottom was too small.

I was more than happy to exchange it for a different size, but they decided to give that bikini to a friend and purchase a different style from me. 

As a friend, I am happy and thankful that they are so supportive of me and my business, but on the other hand, I did not feel good about this inconvenience. Ideally, I would have liked it to be the case where they received the bikini, tried it, it fits perfectly and both of us (customer and seller) are happy.
This got me thinking that perhaps introducing the bikinis through an online store might not be the best strategy for now. As a woman myself, garments like bikinis, bras and panties are personal garments that NEEDS to fit like a glove. We should have the option to be able to try it on and be COMPLETELY satisfied, before making the purchase.

Selling them through an online store might work in the future, AFTER my customers have bought a few pieces and are familiar with the styles and designs (and what looks good on them and what does not). 

Therefore, I am going to change my strategy and make my bikinis available through retail stores. I have already pin-pointed 3 locations where I would like to have my stores, one in Kuala Lumpur, Langkawi and Singapore.

The bikinis by Liquido are of excellent quality and the designs are stunning. Although you can already see how cool the designs are via photos, nothing beats the actual retail experience of trying them on and seeing for yourself how great you look in them.

Hrm… I guess for the next few weeks, I will be patrolling the streets/ retail stores/ boutiques of Kuala Lumpur and Singapore AND the beaches of Langkawi to find suitable partners in my quest to bring you the best service and experience for Liquido beach wear.

*Laces up her sneakers* Time to hit the streets and get busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment